how did you control war in budles, turn into first person ?
Ancient Warfare 2 Beta
A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Welcome to the open beta of Ancient Warfare 2!
You can follow the development here(Weekly devblogs): Devblogs
If you prefer social media, here is my twitter account: Twitter
Or you can write me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Ancient Warfare?
Ancient Warfare is a low poly third person game.
You take control of a small blue unit and fight against the large blue empire or you can watch battles of blue vs. red!
You can use different melee weapons and shields to kill your enemies and cut them into pieces.
Create custom battles with the new custom battle editor, choose terrain, conditions, place enemy and allied troops and get ready for heavy battles!
- WASD -> Move
- Mouse -> Look around
Left Mouse Button -> Attack
Right Mouse Button + Left Mouse Button -> Throw current weapon
E -> Control Shield
Right Mouse Button + E -> Pick up weapon
Escape -> Pause game
There are 23 units unlocked in the beta and total in game 77 total in game.
More are in development!
Update 3 25th November 2016
-> Countless bugs fixed
-> New hit detection
-> Unlocked an elephant
-> Unlocked the sling warrior
-> Unlocked the siege mode (You can find it in the custom battle editor now)
-> Added and unlocked a castle and 4 towers
-> Shift/Control + click will select more units in custom battles
You want to support development?
You can donate a dollar or give me some feedback to support the development.
Anyways, thanks for playing and enjoy!
You can use this game to create lets plays and other videos.
But please add the link to the game to support it, this is the only condition.
I would like to see your videos!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
One bundle is just to spectate. The first person mode will be added tomorrow, so you can't use it right now.
This game is awesome! The only thing that bothers me is just poor optimalization, And the war elephants should have more health , because when i throw 1 pike the elephant is dead. But, as i said, this game is awesome! I also want to know if you would add a first person mode, so i could just look through the eyes of my own unit :)
I'm glad you like it. Thank you for your feedback. I will optimize the game in the next few weeks. The elephants have much health, but there is just a bug that throwing spears/pikes will kill units directly. And there is already a first person mode on it's way for the next update.
Awesome! I'm glad that you replied to me :) Can't wait for the first person mode :D
Probably a stupid question, but how do you delete troops? Is it just the undo button?
The War Elephant is supposed to have 800 Health, so you should not one shot it, even with a spear, and I guess that a first person mode gameplay should be added in the next updates.
Thanks for reporting to JNI
Please add more Buildings, like can you add castle walls and castle Towers so you can build your own castle? and small enterable village houses, please?
and traps, spike traps, falling stone traps and stuff.
1. if you Place a certain amount of units (100 i Think) everyone walk past eachother, ignoring the enemy and keep Walking.2. if you Place anything under a Tower and start the battle then go back to custom battle its on the Tower, i dont know if this is supposed to be because its my way to get ballista on to the Towers. if you remove this then please make it so that you can Place ballista on a Tower.
3. if you Place 20 catapult or ballista in a row they fly up into the skies, but glitch number 2 fixes this because if you Place them in the sky then start the battle and then go back into the custom battle they are on the ground again.
Thank you for reporting those issues!
The third one is already fixed and I will fix the other two for the next update, too.
Does any one have trouble getting ride of NPCS? I can't get it to work btw how to get full version
Which trouble do you have with the NPCS ? You cannot get the full version until the official release, in now [5 days 7 hours & 50 min].
I think I have to add some kind of tutorial ingame...
for some reason when i go in all that happens is the screen comes up and nothing will work when it is clicked
That could be a unity problem... Which OS do you use?
- Click on "Download now Name your own price"
- No thanks, just take me to the download.
- Choose your version.
I found a bug, Where when you deselect more than 2 Towers One tower gets its Textured messed up!
I noticed it while I was playing, just launch the game your playing, the "missing texture" will dissapear, it will only have to be fixed later.
I already fixed that bug. It will be patched on 6th december. Anyways, thank you for reporting.
I just registered on itch.io to send that comment on your game, well, I'm a recent itc.io user, and I like to download random creator's game to test it, I usually never feedback until I find the game's can be amazing, and when I see, the creator is active on feedback and take note of what of all the testers says, I actually love this game, I saw it far away from the game list, then I Immediatly downloaded it. After playing for hours testing bunch of random fact, I saw a lot of thing that could be changed and I have to test even more the game, I'm about to do a huge feedback about the game, I know that this feedback will probably take some of the other people's idea and feedback, but before that, I've got a request for you, if you could send me the informations down bellow, it would greatly help me to whrite down and create this feedback :
- - The health ammout of each unit ?
- The damage ammount of each unit ?
- The range ammount of each unit ?
- The firerate ammount of each unit ?
- Is the health of the Horse and the Elephant seperated from the guy who's riding it ?
- The health of all the buildings ? ---> ( all wood towers - castle tower - castle wall ect...)
Anyway, I saw that the official release is in 9~ days now, and I really would like from you to upload the very last fixes on it before this, or even, I hope I could finish it fast ._.
Also, if you agree my request up there | I could test what I need to test, to make that feedback, I wish you'll do, and if you want to, send me the details on my Email : email@example.com
Really thank you for your feedback! It's a good idea to write down all the stats from the units. I will add this information ingame, too. You will receive my email in a few minutes.
truly an amazing game. really fun to play and I'm very addicted to it! it's the TABS that I always wished for XD
Bit of lag which is expected on some low-ish end devices, but your clean-up system deals perfectly with it! Well done on that! Also, is there a way to deselect troop placement? Right now, the only way I could do it is placing the player and then I can select troops without placing. As well as that, the menu which pops up to enable guard mode which you talked about doesn't appear for me.
Now for an idea (I couldn't resist): How about a custom unit, like with the player equipment, where you can choose what a unit has
Again, awesome game!
Thank you for your feedback. It's really important.
Deselect troop placement should be the escape key.
The menu won't show even if you select a single unit? It should not show up on siege units, ranged units and buildings.
Yeah, really good idea. I will think about adding this to the game.
To investigate the unit panel problems, I have 3 questions:
> Are you using Mac OS?
> Which screen resolution do you use
> Can you try to place just one melee unit and click on it, that should bring up the menu for sure :D
- Is ranged combat fully implemented or is it still being worked on?As you cannot really aim.
- Also is at any point going to be a siege-defence as there is only attack currently(you can still "garrison" in the castle though only the enemies can have a king at the moment)
- Another idea would be to add a bodyguard "trait" they will always protect-follow the king and not leave him alone to be sniped easily
- And how about stationed troops like in a siege battle i wouldn't want their militia to storm out the castle which leads to the idea of a gate(which someone mentioned)
- And last of all have to say I love this game and most games made on unity engine :D
Thank you for your feedback.
1. I'm still working on the ranged weapon and there will be the possibility to aim.
2. I want a gamemode after release, which is something with resapwn, capture, defense...
3. The bodyguard idea is really good, thanks for that!
4. You can select a unit or multiple with the same settings. A small window will show up where you can set the guard mode toggle on.
They won't move to far targets then.
5. Thank you for your words. The unity engine is awesome!
A. Can you please improve the way the character faces and the camera angle?
2. Can you please add a way to fix the error in deleting troops in OS X?
#C. Could you please give "Player" ranged weapons to go with or without the Melee
- CHARACTER IDEAS
1. machinegunner- half as much damage and accuraccy but 1.25X range as archer
2. Dog/Bear- attacks any and all animals on sight (animals first, people second) [to combat the OP elephants]
3. Seige Tower- 18 allies, 2 floors (1st floor: 9 swordmen with shields, 2nd floor: 9 Bowmen) add more kinds if ya want
4. Castle Gate- we both know that the castle is WAYYYYY to vulnerable, needs more defense
5. Battering ram- to break said gate (gate first, vehicles second, and people last)
6. Village map- grassland with lots of houses (courtesy of my brother)
7. Sniper- 0.2 shooting speed 5X range, 10X damage, -50% health (compared to archers)
8. Assassin- like unarmed unit, but 10X faster in movement speed and equiped with knife (make it one hit kill, and throwable, 10 extras)
9. Cannon- B*TCHES. LOVE. CANNONS.
10. Guy throwing potatoes- 100X damage -50% range 100X shooting speed and 1 health [compared to ballistas] (I REALLY FRIKKIN LOVE 'TATOES, its up to you to add this ridiculous character XD)
Ok, I think I could make the camera angle adjustable.
Yeah I'm working on the problem. But it's difficult to fix without an output log.
You can pick up ranged weapons and I'm working on a new equipment panel at the moment to start a battle with ranged weapons.But I won't add modern weapons, that would fit to the game.The other ideas are really good and I wrote them on my list to choose which I will implement in the new future.
About the problems with deleting units, please answer these questions to help me fixing the bug:
-> After you wanted to delete a unit, will it appear then you press play?
-> Can you select and destroy a single unit?
-> Will the selected unit stay highlighted?
-> Are you using the right key combination? (command + backspace)
-> Can you select the unit you wanted to delete again?
-> Is there a unit which follows the cursor when you are trying to delete a unit?
Thank you for your time!
There appears to be an error with deleting troops where I can't physically delete the troops. Is this a bug or am I just stupid? (I'm selecting and hitting the delete key)
Ok, sounds like there would be an error. I don't know this error and I couldn't recreate it.
What OS are you using?
Can you select the units again, after you pressed the delete button?
Can you send me the "output_log.txt", which should be in the AncientWarfare2_Data folder?
could you make it able so that you can Control crossbows, bows, catapult, elephants and Everything else? Like if you put down a war elephant or ballista you can press "play as" and then you Control the unit? That would be awesome if you could do that.
anyway, Amazing game and keep up the great work!
Thank you for your feedback. I want the siege weapons to be controllable. Maybe I will add controllable animals after release.
But it is still a really good game <3
Although you should make it to where the dudes cannot get stuck on rocks in tress and stuff
Yeah, I have to find a solution for that problem. The things is, I don't want to add an algorithm like A* to make the AI walk around objects because the game is so minimalistic.
Um excuse moi but how do you do 1st person in custom battles and how do you get level bundles If you can pls respond thnx
There is no first person mode, just a third person mode. You have to place a player from left flyin.
There are just two test level bundles at the moment. You should find them in the main menu if you click on level bundles.
Seriously addicting, really fun. No glitches, lagless. PERFECT!
When is the next Update Going be relesed?
I found out that in custom battle the red team is always stronger than red, I gave red less troops (15) and blue (20) all pikes and shield, red won please fix this
Thank you for reporting this issue.
I have tested it myself and you are right. I will investigate the problem as soon as possible.
and another question, I seen your devblog when is the next update? I can't wait to test the war elephants and castles so I can help this game out by reporting glitches while having fun on this pretty good game!
The next update will be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
Please note that this is just a beta version and just a part of the content is unlocked. (I will unlock something new in the next update)
The full version will release on 6th December.
It's really helpful if you give me feedback. Thanks for that!